At the Social Learning Studio, we continuously aim to be innovative and creative in the way that we engage out clients and their families. We are excited to announce new additions to our service, that we believe will allow for more flexible learning and communication. Pyjama Therapy: Speech, Language and Literacy will allow our young people to continue working on and developing their speech, language and/or literacy skills just like they would at the studio, in the comfort of their own home.
Benefits of Telehealth:
- Telehealth allows the young person and their family to engage in therapy from their own home or office
- It provides the young person with a creative way to work with the Speech Pathologist in developing speech, language and/or literacy skills
- Despite being in separate rooms, there are loads of fun activities we can use on the computer and plenty of games we can play together
What you will need for online sessions:
- A computer or iPad/tablet
- A good internet connection
- A quiet space with no distractions
How the session will run:
- If you haven’t used Zoom before: Prior to the session go onto zoom.us and click the blue button in the top right corner “Sign Up” (There is no cost to use zoom for our sessions)
- Just before your session begins, you will receive an email from the Speech Pathologist, which will include a link to our session - Click on this link
- The session will run for approximately 45 minutes
- Following the session, the Speech Pathologist will email a summary of the session along with activities ideas that can be used at home to continue practicing the client’s current goals
What we can focus on in Telehealth sessions:
- Now, attending a speech and language therapy session from your own home is going to feel different … But guess what!? We can still focus on all of the same goals that we would in the studio. As a reminder, the things we might focus on in speech and language therapy are listed below
When a young person attends a session at the Social Learning Studio, they engage with games, toys, craft activities and prizes. We understand that this is incredibly motivating for them during our sessions. To ensure that they do not feel like they are missing out on this aspect of an ‘in-studio’ session, we are offering Activity Packs!
When a young person attends an Pyjama Therapy: Speech, Language and Literacy session they will have the option to receive an Activity Pack. These packs will be individually made to suit the young person’s session with things such as, craft materials, therapy resources, prizes and games. The Activity Pack will be delivered to your door on the morning of the session. It is highly encouraged that the young person waits until the session begins to open the pack, as tempting as it may be!
An additional delivery fee is required if your premise is located more than 5km away from the Social Learning Studio.
If you have any further questions or would like to book in a Pyjama Therapy: Speech, Language and Literacy session, contact us via phone on (03) 9386 1403 or email: [email protected].
If you would like to engage with our speech pathologists via Pyjama Therapy, please complete the form below.